NZTE may change this policy from time to time. If it does, NZTE will post any changes on this page. If you continue to use NZTE Services or Sites, or provide Services to NZTE after the changes come into effect, you agree to the new policy. If the changes are significant, NZTE may provide a more prominent notice or get your consent, as required by law.
1. Collection: NZTE may gather the following information about you from the Sites and as part of providing the NZTE Services, or receiving services from you: (a) personal information, provided by you when you submit that information on a Site as prompted, for example, at the time of posting a comment or of voluntary registration for the services NZTE offers, or where you otherwise engage with NZTE Services, or provide services to NZTE; (b) aggregate information generated by NZTE's and its contractors' systems, which tracks traffic to and on the Sites but does not identify you personally; and (c) information about your interaction with NZTE’s computer systems, including your use of NZTE’s websites, emails you send to NZTE, and emails that NZTE sends you from its computer systems. Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain NZTE Services or parts of the Sites not being available to you.
2. Disclosure of information: NZTE may disclose: (a) any information that NZTE gathers about you to third parties for the purposes of providing you with NZTE Services that NZTE considers may be of interest to you, including services that you have signed up for or that are necessary for operation of the Sites, or receiving services from you; (b) aggregate tracking information and other information that does not personally identify you, to third parties; (c) your personal information to third parties, when NZTE believes in good faith that NZTE is required to do so by law; (d) your personal information to other third parties, provided NZTE has your prior authorisation, which NZTE will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you; and (e) your personal information to police or other government agencies in New Zealand if we believe giving the information will help prevent or resolve fraud, money laundering, unauthorised access to, or attacks on, NZTE’s systems, or other crimes. You acknowledge that personal information and aggregate tracking information about you may be kept on computer systems operated by third parties. You further acknowledge that information gathered is routinely monitored for cyber security purposes.
3. Use: NZTE may use the personal information it collects: (a) to verify your identity and assist you if you forget your password or login details for any of NZTE's registration services; (b) to assist in providing the NZTE Services requested by you or receiving services from you; (c) to provide further information to you about other websites and services or which NZTE considers may be of interest to you; (d) for sharing with third parties that have similar objectives (in whole or in part) to NZTE where the sharing is for a not-for-profit purpose; (e) for future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes that relate to NZTE or its purpose, including to carry out direct marketing, market research and surveys; (f) to help ensure that you are shown information that NZTE considers may be relevant to you and your interests; (g) to prevent and resolve unauthorised access to, or attacks on, NZTE’s systems; (h) to provide services to different entities within NZTE or related to NZTE; and (i) for any other use that you authorise or where otherwise legally permitted.
Cookies are used to:
* measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs; and
* remember the notifications you’ve seen so that we don’t show them to you again.
5. Content providers, advertisers and partners: NZTE does not control the practices of content providers, partners and advertisers connected with any of the Sites and to whom you provide personal information whilst using one of the Sites or NZTE Services. The Sites contains links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies as NZTE. NZTE suggests that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
6. Holding, correcting and updating: Any personal information that you provide to NZTE will be collected and held by NZTE and/or its authorised agents and associates. If you are an individual, you have certain rights under the Privacy Act 1993, including rights of access to and correction of personal information that NZTE holds. We will correct any personal information we may hold about you if you notify us in writing of the correction.
If you have any questions about how NZTE Services work please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to know more about privacy at NZTE, contact our Privacy Officer by sending an email to email@example.com.
For information about New Zealand's Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, visit the website of the Privacy Commissioner.
7. Individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA):
In addition to the above, the following applies to you to the extent that you are in the EEA and NZTE collects personal information about you:
The Data Controller is New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, Level 15, 100 Willis Street, Wellington, New Zealand. NZTE’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NZTE may process your personal information where:
- The information is collected as part of a contract for services that NZTE has with you (including any co-funded service offered by NZTE), and either processing is necessary to carry out that contract, or you have asked NZTE to take specific steps to do so before it enters into that contract with you.
- The information is collected as part of offering NZTE Services to you (other than services to which a contract for services applies and you pay for), or is part of exercising an official authority vested in NZTE. NZTE may process that information as part of NZTE performing a public task as a Crown Entity.
- You have given your express consent for NZTE to do so. NZTE will ask for this consent at the time it collects that information from you.
- NZTE is required to do so by law. This may include where NZTE is required to comply with its obligations as a public agency under the Official Information Act 1993 (NZ).
You have options in relation to the personal information NZTE holds about you. To exercise these options, please contact NZTE by email (email@example.com). If you are in the EEA you can:
- access personal information that NZTE holds about you
- rectify inaccurate personal information that NZTE holds about you;
- have personal information NZTE holds about you erased where:
- the purpose for which it was collected is no longer relevant;
- you withdraw your consent (where we have asked for your consent);
- there is no overriding legitimate interest for NZTE to continue to use that personal information;
- NZTE processes that personal information unlawfully; or
- it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- restrict processing of your personal information;
- receive copies of your personal information that NZTE holds in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; and
- object to profiling and direct marketing using your personal information.
You also have the right to complain to a regulator. If you are based in the EEA and think that NZTE hasn't complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
NZTE will retain information that it collects about you only for as long as it is reasonably required to undertake the purposes for which that information was collected.