G2G can connect governments with New Zealand government agencies, science, research and education institutes, and private sector participants; to access their know-how on a commercial basis. We can access the best of the New Zealand government’s intellectual property and know-how, and work in partnership with overseas governments to implement programmes of activities.
The steps in establishing a Government to Government Partnership with New Zealand often include:
- presentations from key government and industry participants;
- a visit to New Zealand to examine the commercial partnership opportunities and see New Zealand expertise and systems in place;
- entering into a commercial partnership agreement;
- a G2G analyst spending time with the customer government to understand the issues and opportunities;
- G2G developing a customised solution drawing on New Zealand intellectual property and practical learnings;
- G2G working closely with the customer government on implementation.
While our primary focus is on developing commercial partnerships, we often find that these also provide a foundation for broader strategic cooperation between New Zealand and the customer country.
A G2G partnership approach lets customers benefit from real-world experience in implementing projects. It also provides the peace of mind that comes from contracting with a sovereign government.